The Platform formation was initiated in the year 2006 by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic. Their intention was to create a tool to support mutual awareness of bodies active in the area of hydrogen technologies and to coordinate activities related to the development of these applications. Currently, the Platform is open to new members according to the rules arising from the Platform Statutes.
- The Platform mission is to support the development of hydrogen technologies and implement hydrogen economy in the Czech Republic.
- The Platform contributes to the coordination of mutual activities run by bodies developing hydrogen technologies and hydrogen economy, following both domestic and foreign programs and financial resources.
- The Platform defines, represents, supports, defends and enforces duly justified common interests of its members with the goal to create a suitable environment for the development of hydrogen economy.
- strives to have its members involved in the European Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology Platform as well as in other key European and world organizations dealing with hydrogen.
- surveys systematically the development in the field of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen industry in the EU, USA and other economically developed countries.
- monitors and evaluates the activities in the field of development of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen economy in the Czech Republic.
- monitors systematically possibilities of obtaining resources in the Czech Republic, EU as well as other destinations worldwide which could be used to finance the development of the Czech hydrogen technologies and hydrogen economy.
- ensures mutual awareness of bodies active in the field of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen economy development in the Czech Republic where these bodies run websites and organize theme seminars and conferences.
- provides experts’ reports for the state administration bodies and agencies in areas related to the hydrogen economy development.
- processes projects from the field of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen economy development in the Czech Republic, including the applications for their funding. It provides a consultancy service for the project implementation team.
- is a partner to other institutions of a similar type abroad, particularly in the EU. It presents this area to them and represents the hydrogen technologies and hydrogen economy development in the Czech Republic.
- promotes a suitable form of activities related to the development of Czech hydrogen technologies and development of hydrogen economy abroad.